Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Photographer In Focus: Bootsy Holler


Bootsy Holler is featured in this article not really for her photography skills but more for her post-processing abilities. Let’s face it if you’re a photographer in the digital age, you should be as technically adept in the post-processing department as you are with you camera.
Ms. Holler, a Los Angeles photographer is a commercial, editorial and fine art photographer who has been shooting professionally and exhibiting for more than a 15 years. Her portraits of musicians, actors, and people in general are always approached with an intuitive and personal style. It’s her fine art work, that allows her to explore memory, family, and the way we live.
Bootsy submitted a project to Critical Mass where she has found a way to go back in time and participate in her family photographs by photographing herself in similar era clothing and pose, making room for herself in photographs from decades past. The series, Visitor, is a fantasy we would all wish to experience, to pay a visit to those we loved, or wanted to know.
I am the keeper of all my family’s photos, old and new. I grew up in a close-knit family, which was lost to divorce and I knew that the family I yearned for would never happen again until I had my own. As a photographer, I notice that the feeling of loss and disconnect reoccurs in my work and I’ve found that often my images reveal something about family and/or loneliness. And as I grow older, now married with a child, I cherish these family photographs more and more. I’ve often wondered what it might be like to experience the frozen moments in my family photographs and be connected once again to those I love. My project, “Visitor”, has allowed me to step back in time when my perception of the world was innocent and filled with possibility.

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment